月曜日, 5月 29, 2006
So, I've uploaded pictures for the past week and added commentary.
水曜日, 5月 24, 2006
yesterday, I went to Ueno and went to the Tokyo National Museum. It had artifacts from ancient Japan, laquer boxes, samurai garb and swords and armor, pots, vases, and other ceramics, statues of buddha, clay statues from the jomon era(mabe 8th century or about then, i think).
They also had a building that had other non-japanese art and artificats. It was odd because china got its own floor, and egypt was smushed in with the middle east. I don't think iv've ever seen a mummy that was not the centra focus of an egypt display. it was the first thing you saw on that floor, but after that it was artifacts. and they were much more...um..celebrated.
The ancient korean statues were pretty neat.
I didn't take any pictures because I couldn't. But when I got back I watched TV for a bit, something I hadn't done before except for flipping though the channels. There was a parade in yokohoama on the news and there were marching bands. actual japanese marching bands from highschools and even middle schools. I videoed it. even the boyscouts had a marching band. it was odd. I videoed it, so when i can upload videos again, i'll post it.
That was pretty much my day.*shrug* not that interesting but i learned some cool stuff at the museum.
for instance: you know how porcelin is called china. well, laquered wood used to be called japan. who would have thunk it.
yeah. not much to say.
[fin.]
月曜日, 5月 22, 2006
火曜日, 5月 23, 2006
水曜日, 5月 24, 2006
木曜日, 5月 25, 2006
金曜日, 5月 26, 2006
土曜日, 5月 27, 2006
日曜日, 5月 28, 2006
yesterday, I went to Ueno and went to the Tokyo National Museum. It had artifacts from ancient Japan, laquer boxes, samurai garb and swords and armor, pots, vases, and other ceramics, statues of buddha, clay statues from the jomon era(mabe 8th century or about then, i think).
They also had a building that had other non-japanese art and artificats. It was odd because china got its own floor, and egypt was smushed in with the middle east. I don't think iv've ever seen a mummy that was not the centra focus of an egypt display. it was the first thing you saw on that floor, but after that it was artifacts. and they were much more...um..celebrated.
The ancient korean statues were pretty neat.
I didn't take any pictures because I couldn't. But when I got back I watched TV for a bit, something I hadn't done before except for flipping though the channels. There was a parade in yokohoama on the news and there were marching bands. actual japanese marching bands from highschools and even middle schools. I videoed it. even the boyscouts had a marching band. it was odd. I videoed it, so when i can upload videos again, i'll post it.
That was pretty much my day.*shrug* not that interesting but i learned some cool stuff at the museum.
for instance: you know how porcelin is called china. well, laquered wood used to be called japan. who would have thunk it.
yeah. not much to say.
[fin.]