水曜日, 5月 31, 2006
Yesterday was long and full of classes. I've got a ton of reading to do, a paper to write, and an oral presentation for japanese due thursday.
I don't have anything interesting to report- just that there's a lot to do and not much time to do it....typical me, i suppose.
Oh, Fanta has a really good flavor in Japan: Golden Apple. It's fantastic. like sparkling cider...sort of. Also, in a food related note: when I went to the sushi place I got inari zushi. In Japanese mythology, there were mischevous fox spirits all over japan. the goddess of the rice harvest, Inari, allowed some to become part of her court. Now, at fox statues around japan, people leave inarizushi to placate them, as it's their favorite food-named for the goddess they serve.
interestingly, there's also a kind of soba/udon(you can get either) that's called kitsune soba/udon. It's the noodles in a broth with vegetables and fried tofu, like the kind used to make inarizushi, on top. (kitsune is fox in japanese). There's a varient called tanuki soba/udon that's made with fried batter on top. (tanuki is a raccoon). although the previous two statements just seem to be connected because they're both named after animals, i promise that tanuki and kitsune are both mentioned because they go together. really. they do.
um... yeah.. i'm tired and pretty out of it. sleep.
[fin.]
I don't have anything interesting to report- just that there's a lot to do and not much time to do it....typical me, i suppose.
Oh, Fanta has a really good flavor in Japan: Golden Apple. It's fantastic. like sparkling cider...sort of. Also, in a food related note: when I went to the sushi place I got inari zushi. In Japanese mythology, there were mischevous fox spirits all over japan. the goddess of the rice harvest, Inari, allowed some to become part of her court. Now, at fox statues around japan, people leave inarizushi to placate them, as it's their favorite food-named for the goddess they serve.
interestingly, there's also a kind of soba/udon(you can get either) that's called kitsune soba/udon. It's the noodles in a broth with vegetables and fried tofu, like the kind used to make inarizushi, on top. (kitsune is fox in japanese). There's a varient called tanuki soba/udon that's made with fried batter on top. (tanuki is a raccoon). although the previous two statements just seem to be connected because they're both named after animals, i promise that tanuki and kitsune are both mentioned because they go together. really. they do.
um... yeah.. i'm tired and pretty out of it. sleep.
[fin.]